How DHL uses Filestash
Keycloak - OIDC
Deutsche Post DHL Group, a world leader in logistics and delivery services, continually seeks to optimize its operations and improve the user experience for its employees. In order to achieve these goals, DHL reached out to Filestash to integrate our white-label solution with their life cycle management (LCM) software and enable employees to securely interact with JFrog Artifactory in a simple manner.
DHL’s teams rely on JFrog Artifactory for managing a large range of digital assets. The needed a solution that would allow employees to access, manage, and share files easily while also maintaining a high level of security through access control and various authorization rules based on the type of user, their access, and the configuration of the repositories a user has access.
DHL sought to achieve the following objectives with the Filestash integration:
- Seamlessly integrate Filestash with their existing LCM solution.
- Enable employees to interact with JFrog Artifactory using OIDC.
- Implement access control and authorization rules for secure file management.
- Provide a white-label solution that maintains DHL’s brand identity.
We worked closely with DHL to understand their requirements and customised our white-label solution to adapt and integrate with DHL’s LCM system:
Key features of the integration include:
- Seamless integration: Filestash got integrated with DHL’s LCM system, enabling employees to access and manage artifacts and dependencies in JFrog Artifactory through a user-friendly interface.
- Keycloak OIDC integration: Filestash integrated with the corporate IDP which is made of Keycloak using OpenID Connect. This allows employees to connect to the platform using their existing credentials to securely access JFrog Artifactory
- Access control and authorization rules: Filestash implemented customizable access control and authorization rules, ensuring that only authorized users could access the requested repositories and being able to perform only the action they were grant access
- White-label solution: Filestash provided a branded user interface that aligned with DHL’s brand identity, offering a consistent and familiar experience for employees.
Contact us if you have a cool project you need our help with. We will look at your needs in more details and provide you with a turnkey solution like we did with DHL